The women’s centre is a place where members of the local community concerned with women’s and gender-related issues can access the resources needed.
Women will be able to share space and information in order to work together toward common goals.
Women’s and gender-related issues will be the main focus, so that the needs of women will continue to be addressed. PRESENCE will benefit, mainly, isolated and in-need women as Rivers continues to empower women seeking to improve their lifestyles and Rivers will support them to remove obstacles and challenges along the way.
The wider community also seeks to benefit from investing in local women helping to grow, develop and inspire them. Encouraging community engagements enables women to better understand the community they live in and allows for organisations to better understand the complicated needs of our local women.
What we deliver:
• Organising community events and activities, such as cultural awareness week, Parliament week, International women’s Day
• Activities aimed at developing skills for residents to benefit them and the area
• Help for groups and organisations to develop their resources to support the communities they come from
• Help for communities influence the planning and delivery of local services; develop others to support small communities
• Taking note of significant events and community achievements
• Adult education for women, IT classes, computer classes, community awareness classes
• Community integration, English classes, adult literacy classes
• Wellbeing workshops; Coffee mornings
• Support the awareness of domestic violence, adult abuse, modern day slavery
• Signpost and support vulnerable women with no financial support